At Universal, the early childhood curriculum is designed to meet the needs, interests, and abilities of the young child as well as the demands of the 21st century. Our curriculum draws inspiration from the Theory of Constructivism, the Reggio Approach Learning and the Theory of Multiple Intelligences.
THE PROJECT APPROACH
At Universal, the child also learns about the other 3 R’s – Responsibility, Respect, and Relationship through the life skills programme embedded into the curriculum.
RESPECT FOR DIVERSITY
THE WHOLE CHILD
Our curriculum lays emphasis on developing all the aspects of the child: cognitive, physical, social and emotional. Our approach resonates with the Theory of Multiple Intelligences that focuses on the development of the whole child.
At Universal, we do not view assessments as the sole measure of a child’s potential. In a rapidly evolving educational environment, methods and techniques need to match the need of the hour. To achieve our greater goals, we prefer an approach that considers both sides of the coin. At this tender age careful attention is paid to a child’s likes and dislikes. This minute observation is recorded in detail and provided as a report to parents on a termly basis. The assessment serves dual purpose:
- Offers an indication of the strengths and weaknesses of each child to the teacher so that s/he may further fine tune the instructional programme
- Offers feedback about child’s abilities, likes and dislikes
- Our assessment includes a formal written document that traces minute details across all the areas of development. This is shared with parents twice in a year
- In order to arrive at this assessment, the teacher makes detailed observation on a regular and periodic basis
- This kind of assessment recognizes the uniqueness of each learner and allows for differences in styles of learning
Young minds require a solid foundation to support future learning. Our preschool curriculum prepares the learners to meet the demands of formal schooling. Our emphasis remains on strengthening literacy and numeracy skills which will support the learner throughout schooling. Our curriculum is designed to excite students about learning and prepare them for success.